2022 Ameren’s Thanks for Giving Parade Application
Celebrating its 38th year, the 2022 Ameren Thanks-For-Giving Parade will step off at 9:00 am on Thursday, November 24, 2022. The parade will be broadcast live on KMOV-TV Channel 4.
This year, parade goers can expect over 120 parade units, including musical floats and displays, dance groups, drumlines, and marching bands from around the St. Louis region. As always, Santa Claus will be present to wish everyone a Happy Holiday Season at the conclusion of the parade.
Join us for the 2022 Ameren Thanks-for-Giving Parade. Register your FLoat, Motorized Unit, Marching Band, and More by applying here.
New 2022 Parade Route – CITYPARK (Market and 21st) and proceeds east towards Stifle Theatre (Market and 14th)
Food for All
Help our entire region shine this holiday season and support the great work St. Louis Area Foodbank is doing to help families in Illinois and Missouri.
Making a donation is easy!
- Text Food4All to 314-784-7550 to donate to the Foodbank.
- Donation link – https://stlfoodbank.org/GiveFood4All
***HOLIDAY BONUS! Ameren is committed to matching your donations – up to $200,000! ***
- Everyone deserves to have the opportunity to gather with family and friends to celebrate the holidays with a bountiful meal! You can help give our hungry neighbors something to be thankful for – nutritious food.
- The demand for food is greater than ever. Meeting that demand for an extended period is an ongoing challenge. But just as they have been since 1975, St. Louis Area Foodbank is there to support our neighbors struggling with hunger.
- Nearly 350,000 people in the bi-state region face food insecurity. Additionally, the ongoing impacts of inflation are affecting many people for the very first time. Did you know that 53% of households had to choose between paying for food or paying for basic necessities like electricity?
- Food shouldn’t be an impossible choice! Your gift of just $25 will provide food for a family for one week through the Foodbank’s Food on the Move program, a mobile market serving areas with limited access to food stores and transportation all free of charge to those in need.
- A generous gift of any amount will help St. Louis Area Foodbank provide a pathway to nutritional security for all….for good!
2022 Marching Bands
As part of the annual Ameren’s Thanks for Giving Parade, marching bands will be judged on music performance, marching and general effect. Trophies for the top five bands will be awarded to the winners. In addition, a trophy will be awarded to the Outstanding Percussion Section, Outstanding Drum Major and Outstanding Guard Unit. Come cheer them on!
Participating Bands in the 2022 Parade:
- Alton High School
- Belleville East High School
- Jacksonville Drumline Institute
- John Ford Highland Pipe Band
- Lindenwood University
- Madison, ILL, High School
- Mehlville High School
- Ritenour High School
2022 Honorary Grand Marshals
Past Honorary Grand Marshals
Dr. Art McCoy, STL.works
Meredith Knopp, President and CEO of St. Louis Area Foodbank (2020)
Flint Fowler of Boys and Girls Clubs (2019)
Dr. Frances Levine, President and CEO of the Missouri Historical Society. (2018)
Bobby Plager – St. Louis Blues (2017)
Michael M. Ward of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial (2017)
Timothy Good of the Ulysses S. Grant National Historic Site (2017)
Mr. and Mrs. Tom Voss (2015)
Mr. and Mrs. Tom Voss (2014)
Mary Engelbreit (2013)
Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Jeffrey Bonner (2012)
Harlem Globetrotters, Girl Scouts of America and Vincent Bommarito (2011)
Ernie Hays (2010)
Mike Shannon, Boys Scouts of America (2009)
Major Robert Behnken, NASA (2008)
Marjorie Failoni, Disney’s High School Musical (2007)
Major General Jack Waggoner, US Army (2006)
Taylor Twellman, Nikko Smith, Nancy Kerrigan (2005)