Celebrating its 38th year, the 2022 Ameren Thanks-For-Giving Parade will step off at 8:45 am on Thursday, November 24, 2022. The parade will be broadcast live on KMOV-TV Channel 4.
This year, parade goers can expect over 130 parade units, including musical floats and displays, giant helium balloon figures, restored antique cars and firetrucks, and marching bands from around the St. Louis region. As always, Santa Claus will be present to wish everyone a Happy Holiday Season at the conclusion of the parade.
Food for All
Help our entire region shine this holiday season and support the great work St. Louis Area Foodbank is doing to help families in Illinois and Missouri.
Making a donation is easy!
- Text Food4All to 314-860-6225 to donate to the Foodbank.
- Donation link – www.stlfoodbank.org/Food4All
***HOLIDAY BONUS! Ameren is committed to matching your donations – up to $200,000! ***
- As families gather together around the table this holiday season, everyone deserves to be included. You can help give our hungry neighbors something to be thankful for – nutritious food.
- The demand for food is greater than ever. Meeting that demand for an extended period will be a significant challenge. But, just as they have been since 1975, STL Area Foodbank is this region’s response to hunger. We are determined to address our community’s needs with continued help from our supporters and partners.
- Before the pandemic, there were more than 368,000 people in eastern Missouri and southern Illinois facing hunger. A new study from Feeding America projects that number to grow by as much as 43% as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. That means an estimated 527,000 people may face hunger in 2020, with approximately 160,000 being children.
- With every $25, the Foodbank can provide 100 meals to area kids, families, and seniors.
- A generous gift of any amount will help St. Louis Area Foodbank build stronger communities by empowering people with food and hope this holiday season.
2021 Honorary Grand Marshals
Past Honorary Grand Marshals
Dr. Art McCoy, STL.works
Meredith Knopp, President and CEO of St. Louis Area Foodbank (2020)
Flint Fowler of Boys and Girls Clubs (2019)
Dr. Frances Levine, President and CEO of the Missouri Historical Society. (2018)
Bobby Plager – St. Louis Blues (2017)
Michael M. Ward of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial (2017)
Timothy Good of the Ulysses S. Grant National Historic Site (2017)
Mr. and Mrs. Tom Voss (2015)
Mr. and Mrs. Tom Voss (2014)
Mary Engelbreit (2013)
Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Jeffrey Bonner (2012)
Harlem Globetrotters, Girl Scouts of America and Vincent Bommarito (2011)
Ernie Hays (2010)
Mike Shannon, Boys Scouts of America (2009)
Major Robert Behnken, NASA (2008)
Marjorie Failoni, Disney’s High School Musical (2007)
Major General Jack Waggoner, US Army (2006)
Taylor Twellman, Nikko Smith, Nancy Kerrigan (2005)
2022 Marching Bands
As part of the annual Ameren’s Thanks for Giving Parade, marching bands will be judged on music performance, marching and general effect. Trophies for the top five bands will be awarded to the winners. In addition, a trophy will be awarded to the Outstanding Percussion Section, Outstanding Drum Major and Outstanding Guard Unit. Come cheer them on!
Participating Bands in the 2021 Parade: TBD